Commercial vs. Personal Accounts
Fuse maps the name fields differently depending whether they are Commercial or Personal Lines Accounts. This is determined by what types of policies the customer has on file.
In the event that an Account has both Commercial Policies and Personal Policies on file, Fuse will map their name fields using Commercial Account logic.
Important Name Fields
The key name-related fields for the Primary Contact in Fuse are...
- First Name
- Last Name
- Business Name
Each of these fields is stored at the "Account" level in Fuse. Below are short descriptions of the logic Fuse uses to choose a name for each of these fields.
Fuse Account > Name
- IF Epic's [Account Name] is populated, Fuse uses that value
- IF Epic's [Account Name] is blank, THEN...
- For PL Accounts: Fuse uses the combined [FirstName] + [LastName] values from Epic's "Primary" Contact
- For CL Accounts: Fuse uses the [BusinessName] value from Epic's "Main Business Contact"
Fuse Account > First Name
Fuse Account > Last Name
- For PL Accounts: Fuse uses the [First Name] and [Last Name] values from Epic's "Primary" Contact
- For CL Accounts:
- Fuse uses the [First Name] and [Last Name] values from Epic's "Main Business Contact", unless they are blank. If they are blank then...
- Fuse uses the [First Name] and [Last Name] values from Epic's "Primary" Contact
Please Note: For CL Accounts in Epic, we highly recommend that either the "Main Business Contact" or more likely the "Primary Contact" should be an "Individual" (not a Business) so you can enter a First and Last Name there. Otherwise, Fuse will not be able to choose a First/Last Name for its Primary Contact, since there is no other way to reliably discern whether any other Contact from Epic might be the right choice.
Fuse Account > Company Name
- For PL Accounts: This field is blank
- For CL Accounts: Fuse uses the [Business Name] value from Epic's "Main Business Contact".
Additional (Secondary) Contacts
If the customer has any further Contacts (those that are not the Primary or Main Business Contact) Fuse will create corresponding "Additional Contacts" including their First Name, Last Name, and Name values.