Looking to send a message to your clients?
The first question you need to ask yourself is: Is this a one-time email to all your clients? For example, a holiday hours message or a one-time Account Rounding (x-sell) Campaign?
- If the answer is 'Yes," then you will want to send a Broadcast Message. Check out this article for step by step instructions.
- If the answer is 'No,' you want to run something with multiple steps such as a drip campaign or something that triggers based on a renewal date or someone filling out a form. In this case, you will want to set up a campaign.
Create a New Campaign
To create a Custom Campaign, first, navigate to Marketing>>Custom Campaigns:
Note: If you are looking for a prebuilt campaign, click "Content Library" to view the current options. Here you can quickly grab something which includes templates and pre-written campaigns.
Click on the "Create New Custom Campaign" button located on the(bottom of your screen:
You will be promoted to give your campaign a name, and then click "Continue":
Here, you can select "Blank Campaign" to start from scratch:
Now that you're in the campaign you can select "Create Form" or "Create Sequence." Let's go ahead and start with a Sequence:
Determining the Type of Sequence
There are a few types of sequences to choose from. Here are your options:
- Sequence of Steps: Everyone receives all messages in sequence
- Date Field Sequence: Messages are sent before or after an account's date field. (Perfect for renewal reminders!)
- Specific Date Sequence: Messages are sent before or after a specific date. (And possibly in a specific year or repeating each year.)
After you select and name your sequence, it's time to choose your audience!
Check out this article for help determining which date sequence would work best for your campaign!
Determining Your Audience
A key to any sequence is determining who gets the messages and when. The Audience Builder guides you through this!:
Choosing Who to Target
The first thing you need to do is to determine the group of people you are targeting. To do this, under the "What group of people (segment) should we start from?" section, select the pencil icon to choose your segment:
On the Select Segments page, you can either add a segment or select an existing segment, and then click "Done." Need help with segments? Here are some additional help articles:
When Are People Added and Subtracted From the Audience?
Next up - you'll need to determine when you want people added to the audience. There are three main options to choose from:
- At Launch: All group members are added at launch
- Ongoing: All group members are added at launch, and new members are added when they match your group.
- In The Future: Audience members are added when they match specific Triggers.
Now that you've chosen your audience and segment, we're going to 'fast forward' and assume that you have created the content, modified the wait times in between steps, and decided who the email comes and goes to. (To: and From:) If you need more information on how to edit emails please see our Email Editing Tutorial.
Launching your Campaign
Now that you've created your campaign, it's time to set it live by clicking "Launch," on the bottom right corner:
Review your changes, and click "Go Live."